Black coffee

 

I'm feeling mighty lonesome 

Haven't slept a wink 

I walk the floor and watch the door 

 And in between I drink 

Black coffee 

Love's a hand me down brew 

I've never know a Sunday 

In this weekday rule 

I'm talking to the shadows from 1 o'clock til 4 

And lord, how slow the moments go 

When all I do is pour Black coffee 

Since the blues caught my eye I'm hanging out on Monday 

My Sunday dreams to dry 

Now a man is born to go a lovin' 

A woman's born to weep and fret 

To stay at home and tend her oven 

And drown her past regrets 

In coffee and cigarettes 

I'm mooning all the morning and mourning all the night 

And in between it's nicotine And not much heart to fight 

Black coffee Feelin' low as the ground It's driving me crazy just waiting for my baby 

To maybe come around... around I'm waiting for my baby 

To maybe come around My nerves have gone to pieces 

My hair is turning gray 

All I do is drink black coffee 

Since my man's gone away 

Burke/Webster 

Move over, move over, yeah you heard what I said, move over. 

I feel so lonely, haven't slept a wink. I walk the floor, and watch the door. 

And in between I drink black coffee. 

Love's a hand-me-down brew. I never know why Sunday in this weekday brew? 

I'm talking to the shadows, 1 o'clock till 4 And Lord how slow the moments go. 

All I do is pour black coffee. 

 Tricky: Black Coffee

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog